Would you like to receive weekly team communication tips? Sign up below…
What is Team Culture and Why is it Important?
Team culture is a shared approach to work based on beliefs, values, and attitudes. In a nutshell, the culture is simply “how and why we do things at work”. It highlights what’s most important to a company and impacts every part of a business. Team culture can make or break a company. A healthy team culture fosters collaboration and motivates employees, but a bad or toxic team culture leads to high turnover and other problems.
5 Signs of a Toxic Team Culture:
- Never-Ending Gossip and Drama
- Poor Team Attitudes
- Lack of Proper Work Ethic
- Ineffective Communication Among the Team
- High Employee Turnover
If you identify with one or more of the above signs, you may have a toxic team culture. This type of environment can lead to power struggles, lack of trust, and may hinder team member’s ability to get things done.
The great news is that we can help. Our programs are designed to help teams manage conflict without communication breakdowns or misunderstandings. Participants will feel a renewed sense of engagement, trust and value. The result will be a collaborative team that communicates well and eliminates unhealthy conflict.
Here are just a few benefits of cultivating a healthy, inclusive team culture at work:
- Effective Communication: Team members that communicate well are 92% more successful than those that lack effective communication skills.
- Engaged Team Members: Employees invested in the company and the work get better results and are often more productive and efficient. Engaged team members are motivated and enjoy the workplace environment.
- Reduce Turnover: Engaged employees are less likely to search for a new job, reducing recruiting and hiring costs.
- Improved Collaboration: An effective team culture provides connections and outlets for employees to work together to solve problems.
- Increased Productivity: Employees who care about the company, its culture, and its purpose are often more productive, allowing you to conduct more business without hiring more people.
- Opportunities for Innovation: Productive, collaborative employees come up with new ideas and often make them happen. This kind of innovation helps push your team and your business forward.
of organizations cite culture and engagement as one of their top challenges.
of employees say they are burned out and lack motivation.
of people seeking a new job cite team culture as the main reason for doing so.
What Do Our Clients Say?
Tracy did a presentation for our team for our 10-year anniversary team building event. She is a very knowledgeable and an impressive speaker. She did fantastic at teaching and showing the group how to communicate with each other and grow together. We are a better team because of her!
After the DISC Team Training program, my team’s communication is incredible! Everyone has a positive vibe and productivity has really increased.
Tracy blew our expectations out of the park! She really did a deep dive into our culture and delivered spot-on training of our strengths, weaknesses, and the steps we need to take to reach our desired team environment!
Does your workplace culture align with the mission and vision of the end goal?
If not, reach out to us today to schedule your DISC Team Training.
DISC Team Training
If you would like to talk to us about your team’s needs, please feel free to call us at 214-755-0955.